Sunday, May 7, 2017

Began to Learn a French Grammar Book

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick post to let you know that I have begun to learn a French grammar book that I bought in Japan.



The book is titled これならわかるフランス語文法 入門から上級まで, authored by Yutaka Rokushika, published by NHK Publishing Co., Ltd.  Evidently, this is intended for Japanese learners of the French language like myself.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been learning French vocabulary from a French-English dictionary since this past January. While I think it's important to learn the vocabulary, I also deem it critical to have correct knowledge of grammar if I want to become truly fluent in French, hence my decision to learn this grammar book.


(Above photo from my Japanese blog post dated August 14, 2008)

Actually, this is not the first time that I have seriously studied French grammar.  Back in 2008 when I was preparing for a French proficiency exam administered in Japan, I studied a whole bunch of grammar books, all of which were published by McGraw-Hill Education. They certainly helped me acquire a basic foundation in French grammar and I did pass the exam on my first attempt.  However, as I haven't studied any grammar ever since, my grammar knowledge has gotten somewhat rusty over the years.  

I could re-learn those same books by McGraw-Hill Education if I wanted to, but I find the sheer volume of these books rather intimidating, so I've decided to take a short cut and study a new grammar book written in Japanese instead. There are some good reviews given to this book on Amazon Japan, so I expect it to be decent in quality.

I've studied the first few pages of this book today. As I have only just begun I don't know how long it will take me to go through the entire book, but I hope to finish it within a month or so.

I will update you on my progress going forward in this blog.

Wish you all a nice new week ahead! :-)

No comments: